July 28 2020, Malaysia’s Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) initiated an anti-dumping investigation against some Polyethylene Terephthalate (known as PET, PETE or PETP or PET-P) originated from Vietnam, Chinas, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, and the United State.
– The plaintiff: Recron (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.– Investigated product: Polyethylene Terephthalate, with the intrinsic viscidity of 0.7 delicit/gram (dl/g) and more, classified under HS. Codes and AHTN: 3907.61.00.00, 3907.69.10.00, 3907.69.90.00.
– The next procedures:MITI shall send the investigation questionnaires to relevant parties, including the manufacturers, Vietnam’s exportation of investigated products in case of non-receipt of information from MITI, the relevant parties may contact MITI in writing, fax or email to find the information, receive survey questionnaires. MITI also recommends the relevant parties to send their written statements of opinions and arguments about the case to MITI, by responding to the investigation questionnaire and providing the case-related evidence.
-Time-limit:+ The time-limit for the relevant parties to request to receive the investigation questionnaire: 15 days at the latest from the date of the MITI’s announcement. + The deadline for submission of the investigation questionnaire response and the submission of opinions, arguments in writting about the investigation: Within 30 days from MITI’s announcement, unless extended.
-Some response recommendations:Implementing the task of supporting exporting enterprises to cope with foreign trade remedies lawsuits, the Department of Trade Remedies recommends the following problems to related associations and manufacture/exportation enterprises.
- Contact MITI to register to join and receive the questionnaire within the described time;
- Read carefully the instructions, answer fully the questions and submit the questionnaire in time;
- Comprehensively cooperate with MITI during the course of incident, including on-site investigations in order to verify the contents of the Questionnaire;
- Frequently coordinate, exchange information with Malaysian importers so as to stimulate the voice of Malaysian Government, request MITI to seriously consider the socio-economic benefits and interests of customers.
ASL LAW is a Vietnam Anti-dumping law firm specializing in anti-dumping consultancy and countervailing. In case you need more information, please contact ASL LAW at the following address:
– Other related articles-
– Vietnam initiated an investigation to apply anti-dumping measures on some long-fiber products made from polyester (PFY or filament yarn)
–Announcement: Investigation and application of anti-dumping measures against some wood fiber products or other wood-based materials originating from Thailand and Malaysia
– Requesting an investigation of the application of anti-dumping measures on long-fiber products made from polyester (PFY) originating from China, India, Indonesia and Malaysia