Circular No. 30/2023/TT-BTC guides the registration, depository, exercise of rights, transfer of ownership, payment for transactions, and organization of a trading market for corporate bonds offered for private sale in the domestic market issued by the Ministry of Finance on May 17, 2023.
Accordingly, bond issuers must register with the Vietnam Securities Depository and Clearing Corporation for individual corporate bond information including:
- Information about the business;
- Information on individual corporate bonds;
- Information about individual corporate bondholders.
When there is a change in the registered information, the issuer must adjust the information with the Vietnam Securities Depository and Clearing Corporation.
Vietnam Securities Depository and Clearing Corporation adjust information related to the number of bonds owned by investors in the following cases:
- The issuer makes an error in updating transfer information in the Register of Bondholders registered with the Vietnam Securities Depository and Clearing Corporation for transactions that have been transferred before the time of closing the list of owners;
- The issuer enters wrong information about the bond quantity of the holder during the process of making the register of bond owners;
- Bondholders change identification information due to errors in the process of updating identification information of bondholders of the issuer or depository member with Vietnam Securities Depository and Clearing Corporation.
Individual corporate bonds are registered at the Vietnam Securities Depository and Clearing Corporation in the form of journal entries or electronic data.
Circular 30/2023/TT-BTC takes effect from July 1, 2023.