On 21 May, 2020, India notices the initiation of the anti-dumping investigation on Polyester Yarns originating from Vietnam, China, Indonesia and Nepal, in details:
- The information of the case:
– The Applicant: 8 Filament Yarns India companies includes Aabhas M/s. Aabhas Spinners Private Limited; M/s. Arisudana Industries Limited; M/s. Jaanvi Spinners Private Limited; M/s. Krishna Ganga Spinning Mills Private Limited; M/s. Shree Nagani Silk Mills Private Limited; M/s. Suryalakshmi Cottom Mills Limited; M/s. Suryalata Spinning Mills Limited; and M/s. Suryauday Spinning Mills Private Limited.
– The investigated product: polyester spun yarn.
– The description of the product: The product under investigation is single polyester yarns with 97% or more of polyester staple fibers, normally called “polyester spun yarn”, “spun yarn”, “spun poly”. Products are often used for knitting and weaving to create materials to produce garments or home furnishings.
– The required goods for exclusion:
+ Pre-dyed polyester yarn before weaving (dyed polyester yarn); polyester yarns are manufactured by blending at least two different colored yarns (mélange polyester yarn); colored polyester yarn.
+ Raw yarns have an index more than 8s and thin yarns have an index more than 45s.
– Classification by HS codes: 5509.21.00. The classification is for reference only, DGTR may extend or narrow HS codes to be compatible with the description of goods.
– The period of investigation:
+ The period of anti-dumping investigation: 01/01/2019 – 31/12/2019 (12 months);
+ The period of injury investigation: 4/2016 –12/2019.
– The questionnaire and the term of responses: DGTR shall give the questionnaire to known producers/exporters. Other businesses need to proactively contact to be provided the questionnaire by DGTR; and submit the response of the questionnaire within 30 days as from the date of the receipt of initiation notice. The date of the receipt of initiation notice is calculated as 1 week from the date of publishing the initiation notice (21/05/2020). In the necessary case, businesses may submit the request of extension of the term of submitting the investigation questionnaire so that DGTG consider. The sample of the questionnaire of other cases can be consulted on the DGTR website.