The following articles shall clarify requirement of trademark registration in Vietnam to normal trademark registration, collective trademarks, certification trademarks.
- Documents, samples, information identifying a trademark registered for protection in a trademark registration application include:
a/ A sample of the trademark and a list of goods or services bearing the mark;
b/ Regulation on use of collective marks or regulation on use of certification marks.
- The sample of the trademark must be described in order to clarify elements of the trademark and the comprehensive meaning of the mark, if any; where the trademark consists of words or phrases of hieroglyphic languages, such words or phrases must be transcribed; where the trademark consists of words or phrases in foreign languages, such words or phrases must be translated into Vietnamese.
- Goods or services listed in a trademark registration application must be classified into appropriate groups in accordance with the Classification List under the Nice Agreement on International Classification of Goods and Services for the purpose of trademark registration, and published by the state management agency in charge of industrial property rights.
The regulation on use of collective marks consists of the following principal contents:
a/ Name, address, grounds of establishment and operations of the collective organization being the owner of the mark;
b/ Criteria for becoming a member of the collective organization;
c/ List of organizations and individuals permitted to use the mark
; d/ Conditions for use of the mark;
e/ Measures for handling acts violating the regulation on use of marks.
5. The regulation on use of certification marks consists of the following principal contents:
a/ The organization or individual being the trademark owner;
b/ Conditions for using the mark; c/ Characteristics of goods or services certified by the mark;
d/ Methods of evaluating characteristics of goods or services and methods of controlling the use of the mark;
e/ Expenses to be paid by the trademark user for the certification and protection of the mark, if any
ASL LAW – The Vietnam IP Firm could help the trademark owners to file trademark Vietnam.
- You could read the full article of process of registering trademark in Vietnam here
- You could read the full article of How to file trademark in Vietnam here
- You could contact ASL LAW– Vietnam IP Firm–Vietnam IP Law Firm – Vietnam IP Agent for further information