Skip to content
- Mr. Dmitry Makarov is a senior consultant of ASL LAW for Russia. He is an expertise in providing complex legal and financial solutions to international businesses. In 2017 his legal team (Legal School International) won a nomination as 2nd best legal department in Russia among non-profits in “Corporate lawyer” magazine rankings.
- From 2010 till 2018 he served as legal counsel and provided complex support to international companies such as Jensen Group, Cargotec and Gazprom International.
- He specializes in providing complex legal and financial solutions to medium and small businesses with international outlook. His clients do business in various areas, including software development, financial services, pharmaceutical industry, construction and others.
- Key clients include such companies as Boft, Acrona, AllyStudy, Grotex, Denis Pharm, ReMarked, Rider Soft.
- Managing a non-profit project in the field of legal and financial support of start-ups and legal education of entrepreneurs. Our team conducts seminars on legal and financial business issues for start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- The project has grown from local legal clinic for Russian start-ups to an international project that assists start-ups with international outlook and cooperates with major business development institutions in Moscow and St. Petersburg. Also “Basics of law for entrepreneurs” book was written and published for open public.
- At Gazprom he was providing complex legal support of international O&G projects and examining many major interrelated oil & gas investment and financial agreements with state and international oil & gas companies.
- He implemented multiple M&A projects in Latin America (Bolivia, Brazil and Venezuela). Also, he optimized the contractual work of intra-group financing, which allowed to significantly increase the transparency of financing, as well as reduce tax risks. he has drafted many legal opinions in regard of compliance issues in the European Union and Russia.
- Vela Wood is a boutique corporate law firm that focuses its practice on start-ups, corporate matters, partnership disputes and venture financing.
- During his fellowship in US he has established partnerships with few other legal firms in the U.S. as well as provided legal support to start-ups including: indicating preferable forms of legal entities for businesses, analyzing available fundraising and equity options for start-ups and preparing reports on tax consequences of equity transfers.
- Cargotec Oyj is a world leader in providing cargo handling solutions. I provided full legal assistance of company operations in Russia, structured an action plan for bringing one of the business divisions to Russian market.
- He has developed a system of local normative legal acts. Provided legal consultations to foreign partners regarding the implementation of major projects in Russia and CIS. Also, major court and administrative hearings with governmental bodies were won (more than 70.000.000 rubles in evaluation).
- Legal support of the group of companies. Jensen Group is one of the largest investment companies in the real estate market of St. Petersburg, which manages assets worth more than $500,000,000.
- He have conducted legal analyses on multiple major investment projects and organized and automated contractual work. My duties included drafting bilingual contracts, government relations and negotiations, arbitration and preparation of legal opinions on various issues.
- His duties at law offices included representation of law offices and clients in the state bodies, arbitration courts, courts of general jurisdiction. He was drafting contracts and basic legal documents.